Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Antlers Accessory

A loooong long time ago waaaay back when The Sims 2 came out, plicka made this hair.

And I loved it! I hated, however, that I couldnt use it with any hair, and I didnt know how to make it into an accessory.

Well, now, in The Sims 3, no such antlers exist, so I did it myself. Using plicka's mesh as a base, I have created...antlers! An accessory!

They are for ages teen-elder, both male and female, in all clothing categories. And by that, I mean ALL categories. Work, Naked, Singed, everything. Though they may not appear when naked, because the game seems to randomly decide if something should or not. They are EARRINGS, however, so they should show up normally.

This means your sim will wear them ALL THE TIME (as long as you tell them to). As if they're grown into their head. :D

The texture is wonky, though:
Because of the shape, UV mapping them would be hell. So they do not work with anything but simple textures. By default they have a leather texture. They look horrible with others, like the zebra texture(shown in the pictures). They also have a weird effect on them in CAS, but this does not show up in game.

They look fine with simple textures, like, say...metal?
Ages:
Teen-Elder
Genders:
Both
Category:
Earrings
Clothing:
ALL

Feel free to use on sims, but don't share the package and always link to me. :D

Polygon Counts:
1135 Polys, 591 Vertices

Additional Credits:
EsmereldaF, for her help and her Servo, who looks great with metal antlers.
Everybody who helped me figure out meshing
plicka for making the original hair that I used as a base
The clothing and Hair on the female model is from the store.
Tarzan's hair is from this female to male conversion pack. And Tarzan is from Me :p

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! They look awesome on Tarzan! And ROFL they look fantastico for my Servo ^^
    Thanks for sharing!!
    BTW, are you planning on making Tarzan's lot? Something like a forest themed lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have absolutely no use for these.

    I must have them.

    ReplyDelete